VW Help - Search Logic

CiaMariaPia

Question

My Wish List item: The "Search" function in VW's "Help" feature should return results in some type of hierarchy to make the results more immediately useful to the User.  

Example:  I recently had the opportunity to use the VW Landmark workspace to augment the building I was designing in the VW Architect workspace.  Switching back and forth was easy!  But then I realized that I had no idea how the tool I was going to use (Hardscape) was supposed to work.  So treated it like a slab and off I went but then drove myself into a corner when it came to controlling the hardscape's slope and displaying that information.  After some frustration looking in VW Help (a "Hardscape tool" search returned 24 separate entries, some them different portions of the same page but none focused on the tool itself and how it worked) I got some excellent help from the folks at VSS.  I realized my problem was that the results I got using VW's Help "Search" suffered from whether or not I used a appropriate search word/phrase and from the fact that VW's Search tool doesn't produce any type of sorted or hierarchical results.  In addition, the tool icon/pallet didn't allow right-clicking to get a context menu where I could go to a "how to use this tool" explanation for the tool.. 

It would be a great help to be able to jump directly to "how to" info on a tool or at least get Search results that are sorted.  Perhaps categories such as "How To", "Simple Tasks", "Special Topics", "VW University" etc.

Thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet