drelARCH

VW 2021 SP3 - Extrudes in Autohybrids changed texture auto-align to perimeter causing lines in vp to disappear

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi community,

After upgrade to SP3 (SP3.1 issue persisting) I am seeing that rectangle extrudes wrapped in autohybrid changed their texture mapping from auto-align to perimeter resulting in missing lines in Hidden Line Render.

I am using extrudes in autohybrids to fix ill interior/exterior wall detail part in window/door tool.

Anybody having this issue? 

@Matt Panzer you are always around so would be glad to hear some relevant info on this issue from vectorworks side.

Thanks for help.

Edited by drelARCH

6 answers to this question

On 3/26/2021 at 11:14 AM, drelARCH said:

Hi community,

After upgrade to SP3 (SP3.1 issue persisting) I am seeing that rectangle extrudes wrapped in autohybrid changed their texture mapping from auto-align to perimeter resulting in missing lines in Hidden Line Render.

I am using extrudes in autohybrids to fix ill interior/exterior wall detail part in window/door tool.

Anybody having this issue? 

@Matt Panzer you are always around so would be glad to hear some relevant info on this issue from vectorworks side.

Thanks for help.

Can you attach or send me a small file that has this issue?

I just tried this in a new blank document by creating (in VW 2021 SP2) an extrude with Auto-align texture mapping, making a duplicate, and creating an auto hybrid from the copy.  I saved and opened the file into VW SP3 and the extrudes (both in and out of the auto hybrid) kept their Auto-align mapping.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jeff prince said:

@drelARCH FYI, the same thing happens in 2020, depending on how you create objects 🙂

Oh, is that so? @jeff princeWould you mind sharing correct approach. 😉

Much appreciated. 

@drelARCH I don't know the "correct" approach or why this happens intermittently, but I suspect it may have something to do with the use of rotated plan views.  I say this because that's when I notice it.  When I need to create objects which require tight texture mapping, I'm in the habit of placing them in a new file at the origin prior to incorporating them into my file.  Same thing with symbols.  Whenever I get in a hurry and do not do that for asset creation is when I usually see the problem.  I know it's not much help or a definitive answer, but it seems to occur when you are cranking under duress and makes it difficult to determine the why.  I just spent 30 minutes testing this and could not recreate the problem.  Undoubtably it will strike the next time it is important to my project 🙂

autohybrid test.vwx

• Like 1

Ok, it is actually not texture mapping that is causing lines of extrudes in autohybrid to disappear but wrong data visualisations settings.

I am using materials across all possible objects/components in model, extrudes included and have many data visualisations set-ups based on materials. I havent payed enough attention to attribute values for pen(see attachment). Mine was set to 'none' instead of 'retain original pen'.

So section viewport with <none> data visualisation drew everything correct but with data vis. applied visibility of pen line of extrudes went off.

Thanks @jeff prince and @Matt Panzer for all your effort to investigate more where might be issue. 

Although I have found mistake there is still clue to me why all my extrudes in autohybrid have perimeter texture mapping....?

dv-pen line value.png

• Like 1