VW2021 Updater stuck in a loop (!)

Mik

Question

I had this same problem with VW2019 in 2019. Vectorworks tech support had me download something that made it work. This was on an older PC.

It happened again last year on my new computer and they just said I need to upgrade to 2020 to make it stop.

So here I am with 2021 and it still happens.

I have reboot, refreshed, tried starting the Updater directly after rebooting without running anything else, gave the Updater a hole in Windows firewall. Nothing works.

It just says the Updater needs to be refreshed, progress bar, repeat.

Anyone else having the problem in VW2021? (I am on WIndows 10 Pro)

Edited by Mik

3 answers to this question

I read pretty much every post on the Forum, and I do not remember anyone else talking about the updater being stuck.

This is the type of problem that will likely be fixed faster working directly with VW Tech Support rather than trying to diagnose here on the forum. Unless someone has seen this and has the direct answer.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:40 PM, Mik said:

I had this same problem with VW2019 in 2019. Vectorworks tech support had me download something that made it work. This was on an older PC.

It happened again last year on my new computer and they just said I need to upgrade to 2020 to make it stop.

So here I am with 2021 and it still happens.

I have reboot, refreshed, tried starting the Updater directly after rebooting without running anything else, gave the Updater a hole in Windows firewall. Nothing works.

It just says the Updater needs to be refreshed, progress bar, repeat.

Anyone else having the problem in VW2021? (I am on WIndows 10 Pro)

Did you get this straightened out?

On 3/24/2021 at 10:40 PM, Mik said: