Question

Hello,

Having some trouble with speed, crashing and freezing of Vectorworks. While doing some heavy workload quite ok, simple 2D stuff stops it all completely. 

I thought I start with full information:

Computer specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit latest updates

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4,05GHz

64GB RAM 

AMD Radeon RX 580 

During making the video and all the other crashes just today(53min), my system has peaked at 25% load, GPU has peaked at 100% but not likely to be VW. 

VWX file:

4MB size

reference file venue (6MB)

80 or so objects of I select all, but 1230 chairs in total over two Seating objects.

Nothing more, other than dimensions and rectangles. 

Vectorworks Spotlight 2021 with SP3 Build 587753

If I draw a single line, rectangle circle or whatever(as I do much for draw guides), the software freezes for a really long time when the command is finished. 

Se attached video. I'm only a few months old in VW so if I'm doing stuff completely wrong please let me know, but this errors it making me reevaluate my selection of drawing software.

I also made a video showing the loads in my computer while orbiting around in the same file.

video and files attached.

2021-03-24 07-51-24.mkv H3-Arena(SB).vwx Fagottkoret21.vwx 2021-03-24 08-53-37.mkv

1 answer to this question

A VW employee reached out and is assisting me tomorrow. As of right now, VW does nothing but crash after a fresh install of windows.