Landscape Area Plants Disappearing

I have attached a file with some grasses placed using the place plant tool, beside this I have created a landscape area with the same plants but they do not appear when I choose to show plants in either 2d or 3d?  I think the plants within the landscape area have been placed in a distant location from the landscape area but do not know how this came about?

Tussock.vwx

I think there is an issue with the plant styles you have created - as the landscape area seems to display the predefined plants just fine.  I tried also copying the 2d symbol attributes in style settings, but this did not fix the issue.

image.thumb.png.d85a34100a8dc6c8d79340984425d060.png

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey @Steve Riddle , I played around with your file. Can you share how you created a plant style? That seems to be the culprit and if there is an issue, I'd like to submit a bug on this. Your plants are in fact showing up, just thousands and thousands of meters away. Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.02.30 AM.png

I created a new plant and added it to the existing landscape area with no problem.Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.43.12 AM.png

Tussock-tkostreski.vwx

Hi Tony,

I created an image prop from an imported file and applied the mask using alpha then created a symbol.

I duplicated a plant that I knew would work in the landscape area then applied:

Edit Plant Style / 3d graphics /copy from  symbol.

That didn't work so the second option was to: 

Edit Plant Style / 3d graphics /edit current graphics then swap the image prop texture and change its size in the object info palette.

I have attached a landscape area including the plant style I duplicated.

Thanks, Steve

Tussock.vwx