Worksheet Column of Part IDs? Is there a fill down function on some sort?

I deleted ti because I did not read your initial post closely enough.

The answer to your actual question, which is can I manually enter data into data base rows and have it stay fixed is NO.  ALL of the data in a database row MUST be associated with the object specified in that subrow.  You could attach a custom record and store the data there, but if you change the sort order of the database the custom record.field will sort with the objects.

The question I answered was the one you asked which is there an equivalent to Fill Down.  In worksheet rows in VW you can Copy a formula from one cell then select a range of cells and Past and it will act pretty much like Fill Down does in Excel.

• Like 1

Interestingly I can attach my Part ID record to an object and define the ID and then go into the worksheet and changed the defined ID which changes it in the record ID too. That makes me think maybe I can drag and drop a "blank" or placeholder type record onto the drawing objects, and then type in the IDs into the worksheet. I'm going to play around with that a bit. (I see I need to spell Materials correctly!!!)

1426818039_ScreenShot2021-03-22at10_54_00AM.thumb.png.18618dee1e0641444bdcbc16c3a7573f.png

It works, and I understand that it may need to be redone if the sort order is changed, but even so, typing the changes in the worksheet column is infinitely faster than changing each object's record ID. Still not a fill down function, but it's much better than what I was doing.

1972842738_ScreenShot2021-03-22at11_31_54AM.thumb.png.7a01f594c3b1fc8675506f105134bb09.png

Edited by Bruce Kieffer
  • Like 1

Hi Bruce!

I do something like this all the time.  If you keep another worksheet with a column that is 

A

B

C

Z

You can select a range of those cells, copy, go back to the original worksheet with the database select exactly the same number of cells and paste.

If your objects are already in order it makes it very fast.  You can also accomplish minor reordering by changing something to C.5, C.6. etc. to get the correct order.  Then copy and paste again.

• Like 1