Collaboration & Joining a GYM

I love the collaboration thing, especially with cloud based stuff, but I will leave that alone for the moment..

I got Bluebeam Revu in 2015...today I have one convert in the company I do work for...ONE!

I got OpenBOM Teams and set up a much needed data base for a company...users? Zero. 

Onshape (stellar product & the easiest to collaborate with) but try to get people to collaborate with it is pulling teeth...

Now, as for me and my team (the people that work for me) we collaborate very well with the above and use these tools to the full potential...

Sep outside my office and things grind to a halt...

Why?  Why do people go to the GYM vs lifting weights at home?  Why do people prefer going to a classroom vs home schooling?

I seems to be a thing with self-discipline...lifting weights or doing math at home is harder than going to a classroom where a teacher provides the motivation.

login into these collaboration tools and reviewing/checking is harder than having a goto meeting with me leading people by the hand thru the model...

I'm ok with this method...but its slower as we all have to sync our schedules...  

I'm happy with the new Solibri collaboration thing...AND I DO GET IT...I want to email everyone and tell them about this...

But these are the same people who I have tried to get on board with Bluebeam Revu, OpenBOM & Onshape...

While I can use these in my office mightily...Solibri is really a "collaborate with those outside your office" program.

What is funny is that the one Civil engineering firm that did have Bluebeam Revu, still felt the need to email me the drawings even though we had a share project folder

in Bluebeam Revu...I kept telling them "just place it in the project folder I set up"

People like emails because people are more reactive than proactive.

Edited by digitalcarbon