Sheet Numbering & Section/Detail Sh Refs

buz

This is a tough question to ask. Having no training as an Arch I'm wondering where I can find info regarding detail, section and other markers and how to number them. In other words - how to label the markers to point to the sheet they are on?

tfyh

Buz

Maybe the question isn't clear.

What i would like to learn is - after creating a detail or section, I would like to know how the markers are labeled to reference the sheets containing the section line or detail.

Most of them are a circle with a number/letters above and a number/letters below - what do these refer to?

In the school of hard knocks, but figuring it out piece by piece.

tfyh

I'll tell you something about this Buz, 'cause I know you're gonna help me with my classes question smile.gif" border="0

You usually start a set of working drawings with the site plan. The site plan becomes drawing 1, on sheet A1. The level 1 floor plan is drawing 2, sheet A2. You might have room for level 2 floor plan on sheet A2, so it becomes drawing 3, sheet A2. On the floor plans, you will show a section line indicating where-abouts the section is taken through...the first one will be called section a-a, and will refer the 'user' to the sheet that the section is printed on (eg A4). The drawing title for section a-a (on sheet A4) will show a-a, and A2, which indicates that the 'user' should look at sheet A2 to see where the section was cut thru.

Sing out if u want me to go on&on&on

Thanks Mat - I've read your reply and see the 'gist' of what you are saying. will have to re-read it a few times - feel free to ....... go on and on - :-)

I'm not new to VW but very new to VW Arch. My drawings are just enough to show a building inspector/planning dept to pull permits. A bit crude to put it mildly. The 'gist' of my question is in the hopes of creatng more 'professional' looking drawings.

Thanks for the reply