plant id

dennisp

After showing landscape tags I have been able to move them by grabbing the arrow that displays at the end of the leader. In my current design I am not given the option? I thought I was getting the hang of this, can you tell me what I'm not doing.

Also, part 2, I create more symbols with every design. When I start a design I have been importing the symbol folder from the previous design. I'm noticing that I am losing some (just a few) of my symbols on the import, even though they worked fine in the previous designs. ????

quote:

Originally posted by den:

After showing landscape tags I have been able to move them by grabbing the arrow that displays at the end of the leader. In my current design I am not given the option? I thought I was getting the hang of this, can you tell me what I'm not doing.

How do you mean you are "not given the option" are the tags there, but you can not pick them up ?

You have the "object info palette" switched on ?

What version are you on ?

It is useful to edit your profile and put all your details at the bottom of your post so we know where you are coming from. [smile]

[ 03-10-2005, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

1a. Make sure your plant definitions are set up to display tags. This means the "tag display" setting needs to be something other than "don't display".

1b. Make sure that, for the plants you want tags to show up on, that you have the "tag display" option in the Object Info palette set to "left" or "right". You can do this for all plants by using the "Show or Hide Landscape Tags" command.

2. All your plant definitions (the items that show up when you run "Edit Plant Catalog" command) should be in the "~PlantCatalog" folder which is inside the "System Folder" in your symbol library. You should import the entire contents of the "system folder" when you are starting a new project based on an existing one.

The "my profile" button which is found top right of this page, click on it then click on "edit profile" and then enter your detail under "Signature:" [smile]

quote:

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

[ 03-11-2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

When using the "Show Hide tags" command a handle is provided to move the tag on the drawing. This option was not available on my last design. I placed my tags by selecting the plant and then choosing the "Show/Hide" command. With the plant still selected a handle should be availble at the intersection of the leader and the tag itself. Nada??

I have been importing the entire symbol library.

For Viper: How do I edit my profile to display the info you request? I went to edit my info but I am unsure were to place the info. I use VW11.5, XP/ 512