Wacky Wall tool

I'm creating a set of as builts for a craftsman I'm preparing to restore. All of the work has been done in the top/plan view using the 3D wall tool. This worked fine until about 85% of the way thru when the wall tool turned into an out of control "infinite" line. It now acts like the irregular polygon tool except that it can't/won't terminate. Escape makes the line(s) disappear. So does double clicking. This behavior persists thru shut/close of program and new documents. Any suggestions?

1 Gb G4 OS 9.2.2

BB, I've experienced this behavior once or twice. I think (but I'm never sure) that it is only a screen redraw issue. Try restarting your machine and re-build the desktop (hold down command+option during restart). If the problem persists, you may have a corrupt file (arrgh!). Call the techies, they'll probably be able to help, if you can stand being on hold for that long. Good Luck! PLC

I've seen this problem too. I'm on a PC with 256mb ram and dual head matrox 450. It is not a screen redraw problem. From what I can tell there is a glich in the code. The wall tool has definitely gotten more squirrely since 8.5. I usually delete the wall and redraw it (pain in the derrier). I also get random openings appearing in the wall after I have either added or removed a door, window or cased opening. But not all the time.

Thanks for the clue that it wasn't operator error. I in order (1) rebuilt the desktop, (2) Downloaded/installed Apple's new nVidia driver (3)Trashed the VWA pref file, and just to propitiate any errant gods zapped the pram cmd-opt-P-R. No joy. The tool is completely unusable. It isn't a question of deleting a wall, it's that I can't create anything with it.

Is there any hope trying to communicate with tech support as it seems to be a larger issue than just myself.

When you notice the line going on for eternity, are you dragging to the top, bottom, right or left of the screen to extend the wall ?

As for wall openings, are these files converted to VW 9 and had the update to V2 objects command run?OR are they files that were created in VW 9.5.x ?

There has been a change in VW as to allowing the screen to scroll when the cursor, even while using a tool, will scrool to the right.

If you set the cursor just before the scroll bar on the left, the screen will scroll to the right and continue drawing the wall. You should notice this by the ruler (if activated) will adjust the changes. THe scroll bar along the bottom should also reflect this behavious by have the position move to the right rather than be at the left.

When this happens, you can click one time to stop this behaviour and then hit the delete key. You may need to scroll back to the left with the scroll arrows.

This was changed because of customer compalints/wishes to change the way automatic scrolling was handeled in previous versions. It seems there are just as many compalints/wishes about the new way as those that voiced thier opinions before.