please help me getting help

I'm a complete newbie to learning CAD and ARCHITECT and am doing so in a vacuum (ie: alone) and I'm having problems finding answers on every basic question like

How do I do a cased opening in a wall?

Should be easy but I cannot find info in the Acrobat Reader Guide nor in the manual nor on the CD set.......

So while I need to know how to do every little thing, I even more need to know where is all this information written down???????? (or is it?)

Alan, You create a cased opening at design time when you use the door tool. The object info (ctrl+I) palette will pop up and you choose from the types under the config settings section. You have a myriad of options. You can also edit these at any time by right clicking on the door or object by selecting properties option will bring up the object info palette.

As far as a defined list of such, I do not believe it exists. Try to think in terms of object types. Cased opening=door. Archway=door.Windows you have great flexibility in design as well.

I am a builder and do drawings as well.

I hope this helps,rl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...