Site Model

Maybe this question should be in the Landmark section, but VWA seems to have what we need to do conceptual site modeling (according to the VWA manual).

It is possible to easily get to the stage where site contours are created (sort of like the old chip board physical model). The problem is, after hours of experimenting, I can't fathom how to make the Site Model commands approximate what's shown in the manual. Is there a toutorial somewhere that shows how?

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by ErichR:
Maybe this question should be in the Landmark section, but VWA seems to have what we need to do conceptual site modeling (according to the VWA manual).

It is possible to easily get to the stage where site contours are created (sort of like the old chip board physical model). The problem is, after hours of experimenting, I can't fathom how to make the Site Model commands approximate what's shown in the manual. Is there a toutorial somewhere that shows how?

I am a beginner and I have had real troubles getting VW9.5 to recognise data to generate a site model. I am using the grid method to import the data - all goes well until I open the site model box and everything is greyed out. Any suggestions. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but to change the mode of the model, go to Model>Sitework>View Options. Select which symbol you want to change the settings of (probably you want to "Use Existing Symbol": Existing DTM). You'll get the window which gives you the different 2D and 3D options.