Complex Stairs

I have a staircase with splayed containing walls, where I have created a custom stair which nearly works but I need a section (shaded red on the attached sketch) removing from a quarter landing.. Can this be done in the tool? I can subtract a solid but it changes the object to a solid subtraction rather than a stair, with none of the visibility options....

stairs.thumb.jpg.a78512f3da8486781ac5422fe565e65d.jpg

@E|FA I do.   Or, it is pretty easy to make the 2d parts by simply viewing the 3d in top plan view, selecting "convert copy to lines', cutting those elements, then pasting them so they do not remain in the 3d parts.....if that makes sense.

then you have the 2d version of the stairs, railings, etc.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, LeeElston said:

I have a staircase with splayed containing walls, where I have created a custom stair which nearly works but I need a section (shaded red on the attached sketch) removing from a quarter landing.. Can this be done in the tool? I can subtract a solid but it changes the object to a solid subtraction rather than a stair, with none of the visibility options....

stairs.thumb.jpg.a78512f3da8486781ac5422fe565e65d.jpg

You are out of luck with the stair tool, the Tool is so clunky and poorly designed you would not achieve this...
The best workflow is to use it as a base, go to a 3D view and un-group the stair and finish the model yourself and as others pointed draw manually the 2D part and convert it into a symbol

• Like 1