Change Worksheet Multiple Column Sort Order?

I believe that the sort order is basically determined by the order in which they were created. So if you clear the sort on all the columns, then set the sort on the column you want as the primary sort, then set the sort on the secondary column, third, etc....you should be able to achieve the sort priorities you are looking for.

If you are asking for a quicker/more efficient way to perform this operation, then that's beyond me 🙂.

Edited by Eliot Hartzler
Clarification
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

Is there a way to quickly change the sort order of the columns of a worksheet? I have three columns sorted, but I want to change which is 1, which is 2, etc

Some kind of stack that could be sorted manually would be great. Something like you can do with sheets and layers in the navigation palette. A separate window where you could change the sorting order by dragging. The same goes for worksheet criteria, actually.

If you have a large worksheet with many sorting columns, it's a pain to change something in the middle, everything has to be removed first. Also the sorting sequence number is unreadable on a 4K display, and doesn't zoom.

7 hours ago, JMR said:

Some kind of stack that could be sorted manually would be great. Something like you can do with sheets and layers in the navigation palette. A separate window where you could change the sorting order by dragging. The same goes for worksheet criteria, actually.

If you have a large worksheet with many sorting columns, it's a pain to change something in the middle, everything has to be removed first. Also the sorting sequence number is unreadable on a 4K display, and doesn't zoom.

That is a good idea. Something lick you click "Sort Order." A pop-up opens and you drag the columns aroung which only changes the sort order not the worksheet order.