More stupid PIOs

This is getting ridiculous! Almost every time I try to use a VWA PIO, I find them next to useless.

WindowWall (Straight):

1. Surely we should be able to have more than 3 horizontal dividers (mullions) in our designs

2. More often than not, the number of dividers is a result of max pane width or height OR number of desired panes. Well, in MY designs at least.

3. There does not seem to be any way of assigning a colour/class/texture to the frames/mullions only - if a colour/class is assigned to the entire PIO, this is reflected in the plan view so that the entire PIO is coloured.

Has the creator of this little beauty ever had any lessons in architectural drafting? (Definitely not in architecture...)

Why on earth did I spend the money to get VWA + Landmark? What did I get: a bunch of useless trade show pony PIOs, a DTM that does not work, a drawing management system I cannot/will not use, a few crappy utilities here and there. I was hoping to cease to be a 'meta-programmer,' but that did not eventuate.

Well, I am now able to use some VectorScript procedured not available for mere mortals, but apart from that: wasted money!

Well, as an Aussie, I did get a bunch of Julian's stuff. That JUST may justify the cost - but the rest of the world: tough luck, you are suckers.

Petri, I agree entirely about the inability to color/texture certain parts of PIO's. It has always been a bummer and I have complained about it before. We need to remember that VW is still what I would consider 'adolescent' software. Since I have used it since version 4, I can say it has truly improved, but still has a long way to go until it is a fully functioning adult. We all need to keep requesting the features we want so that the developers can hear. About the DTM: at first I had a great deal of trouble with it, but eventually was able to get it to work (by following the online manual and reading between the lines in some cases). I never tried to render a site but I did cut many sections through various places at building corners, etc. and for that it was invaluable. PLC (Peter Cipes) PS I am In Oregon, USA and hope someday to visit your wonderful part of the world. Where in Australia are you???