Export Unreal Datasmith

The Hamma

Question

13 answers to this question

@KrisM For what it's worth - I tried using the 'check for update' menu item and then the updater appeared to update my version, but in fact did not.  It didn't ask me to close the software as a part of the update process - which was a red flag for me.

I then restarted the software and went through the process again.  The second time, it asked me to close the software, displayed my serial number and took considerably longer - all good signs (except maybe that last part).

That did the trick and now it works fine.

6 hours ago, Dave Donley said:

Yes this is a new menu item and you will need to add it to any custom workspaces.  The default workspaces already have this item in the file export menu.

Somewhat off topic:  are there any other new items in the Workspace Editor?

@Dave Donley 

On 3/16/2021 at 11:10 AM, Dave Donley said:

Yes this is a new menu item and you will need to add it to any custom workspaces.  The default workspaces already have this item in the file export menu.

I work in the Architect Workspace and it doesn't show the option to Export to Unreal Datasmith. It does show up in the Architect-BIM and Fundamentals workspaces, though. How can I get this to show up in the Architect workspace? Or do I have to go into a different workspace when I want to export a file?

1 hour ago, MaltbyDesign said:

I work in the Architect Workspace and it doesn't show the option to Export to Unreal Datasmith. It does show up in the Architect-BIM and Fundamentals workspaces, though. How can I get this to show up in the Architect workspace? Or do I have to go into a different workspace when I want to export a file?

You have to edit the Architect Workspace that you are using.  The new command can be found in the import/export options on the left side of the editor.  Move it to the right side of the editor. 

• Like 1