Utiltizing the Custom Parameters in All Layer Cable Report

Hello,

I'm trying to add some custom user fields to the All Layer Cable report.  I'm wanting to add a some custom data per socket.  I've modified the socket user parameters and can see it in the OIP when I am editing a device socket.  Is it possible to add that data to the All Layer Cable report?  I've tried ='Circuit"."user1" and ='skt_rec."user1"  

Is this possible to do?  I guess I'm a little confused on how the circuit_rec and skt_rec come together to make the Cable reports.  Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

From some quick digging around in the database formulas for the All Layers Cable Report, it seems like the report is actually generated from the fields of the Circuit PIO, not directly from the circuit_rec or skt_rec records. For that reason, I'm guessing that it won't be possible to pull a field from the skt_rec record into the report since it requires a database cross-referencing of sorts. I don't know this for sure though, that's just how it appears to me...

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's exactly it Eliot. The Circuit object effectively implements a database JOIN because at the moment the Vectorworks internal database doesn't support this. Goes without saying that this is something I want to change.

Another problem that I see is that this forum contains loads of information but no way to access it! So we end up answering the same questions over and over. @hihosilvey it's not your fault the forum is deficient.

Conrad

• Like 1

Thank you both for the info.  My gut was telling me the same thing, but I was hoping that was not the case.  I am trying to make a modified Cable pull sheet for our installers.  One that would tell them the all the info that cable report does along with a reference to the page that cable could be found on. 

I wanted to add it by socket or device, as with an arrow connection those devices would be on two separate pages.  This is something that has become a mandatory item for our drawings and was trying NOT to have to do it all by hand.

Now you might be asking....the arrow connection does this already....I would agree.  But I was hoping it was possible to get all of that info into one location.