Weird site model view

Bunbun

Can someone help? 

Just venturing into the world of 3D modelling. Have successfully modelled a site , added a building and some simple site modifiers. All of a sudden, when I change from 2D to 3D view, it looks like the attached. It was working before and still looks ok in 2d . I've gone through site model settings etc and preferences which are set to open GL. Anyone know why this is happening?

Question 2 - I'm trying to add a texture bed which I've done but it isn't showing up. I've done the pad so that the contours are reshaped and then added a texture bed using the same shape, put it at the correct height but still no joy. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? 

Any advice gratefully received!

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 12.55.52.png

@Bunbun The "weird" view looks to me like the layer(s) with trees and the blue outline (crop?) are not aligned with the site model layer. Or, possibly they are screen plane objects, therefore not responding to the 3d views.  And/or are on a layer(s) with different layer scale.

Re Unified View:

Open the View menu, find Unified View about half way down.  Verify that the Unified View is checkmarked (click it to add the checkmark if needed). Also open the Unified View options.  Option for Ignore Layers with Different Scale is useful.

Re Screen Plane:

Navigate to the layer with blue outline.  Select the blue outline. In OIP> Plane field (near top) should indicate Layer or 3d, but not Screen.  Same process for the trees.

Re Layer Scale:

In the Organization or Navigation palette, verify that the layers for the trees and blue outline have same scale as the site model. If necessary, edit the layer scales to match.

OK, HTH

-B

• Like 1

Benson / Jeff

Thanks so much - you were right, the unified view had somehow got unchecked. Working perfectly now :))

The texture bed is also showing up when I changed the render mode. There's a lot to learn but being able to ask questions like this on this forum is invaluable,

so thanks again!