Setup Assistant & Elevation Sheets

Every time I use Setup Assistant to make modifcations to the current drawing file (i.e., changing the page size and nothing else), it adds extra elevation sheets. So now, for instance, for a small residential project, I have 16 Elevation sheets and 16 Mod-Elevation layers and 16 Sheet-Elevation layers. The same thing happens for Perspective sheets (or anything that has layer links, I imagine).

Why does this happen? Is this the usual case of a bug, or is the user at fault?

This is a problem with our Set Up Assistant. If you run the SU A twice within one drawing, you are going to get duplicate sheets, layers, etc.

The suggestion is to run the SU A one time only per document and any changes that you need to make should be made thru the Task Manager and/or manually.

Your documentatioin indicates that you can use the Setup Assistant more than once in the same file. What is the point of making Setup Assistant an available menu command if it is known not to work? It is useless to advertise a broken feature. Wishful thinking on the part of your company will not produce satisifed customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

you can run the SA as many time as you like. Just make sure in the Auxiliary Sheets dialog, that you reset the number of sheets to 1 less than it is displaying and click the "Apply" button. An extra step(s), but workable. This bug has been around for a while and unfortunately hasn't seem to have received attention yet. Hope that helps.