importing .dwg titleblock

Hello Everyone,

I've received a title block that is in .dwg format and should be sized for an ARCH E drawing. When I import it into VW it automatically lands on my sheet layer which is good, but the page size is always an 8.5x11 and the title block and info format to fit that size instead. I've experimented with the settings in the import dialogue box, but always get the same results. Can any one offer any insight? Thanks!

Josh

@Josh S. 

I'm not sure how you would go about getting this collection of objects to behave.  Hopefully someone else might chime in to help.

You have inherited AutoCAD unitless blocks that have a scale factor of 0.25897896, changing that to 1 in the OIP will restore their size

Unfortunately, the text which is not in blocks will need to be manually resized as best I can tell.  Further, you would need to assign fonts appropriate to your OS that match what is used in this file.  You can view the .dwg online on the autodesk website to get a sense of what it should look like, or better would be to request a PDF from the author of the titleblock so you have an idea of what it is supposed to look & plot like.  Looks like they are using the old color based plotting system, so a PDF would at least give you a sense of the lineweights if they don't provide that information.

Wish I had something better for you.  The way AutoCAD handles text is archaic, especially if the user uses .shx fonts 😞