Custom Hanging Position And Schematic Views

Hi All

I am having an issue where I am creating a Custom Boom with De-rig arms etc. I create a Hanging position which all works fine, but when I go to make the schematic view I only get the "Top Plan" view and not a flat lay of the fixtures.

Using v2021

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 13.36.18.png

Hello

Your work flow is great, Mark and get's some detailed schematics. however I think Michael was pointing out that, currently, not sure if this a bug but, when you create a schematic view from a hanging position (convert to hanging position) - the schematic isn't created the same as the when created from the lighting pipe.

I have demonstrated this in the short video (sorry couldn't attach)

Picture showing result

Video showing issue

thanks

James

on VWX 2021 sp3

Windows 10

Think of how the Hanging position looks at the moment that it is made. It is that point in the Hanging Position object's history that defines what is Top and so on. Was the Second hanging position created when the boom was vertical already? If it was, then that is why you are getting that result. That is why I went through the rigmarole of standing the Hanging Position up from Horizontal (TOP View) to Vertical.