Layer Scale for Site Model?

techdef

Hey folks - looking for some best practices guidance on a very large site model (neighborhood scale).

I'm having trouble getting the geo-linked imagery to show correctly. Wondering should I be making DTM (site model) at 1:1 for this to work? I've been at 1:1000 and that has some issues too when I plop buildings in at 1:48...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, techdef said:

Hey folks - looking for some best practices guidance on a very large site model (neighborhood scale).

I'm having trouble getting the geo-linked imagery to show correctly. Wondering should I be making DTM (site model) at 1:1 for this to work? I've been at 1:1000 and that has some issues too when I plop buildings in at 1:48...

All of your design layers (that relate to each other at least) should be at the same layer scale, otherwise, they simply won't align. Assuming that your file is properly georeferenced & geolocated there is an option within the site model settings to adjust the resolution of the imagery. The number will really depend on the size of the image you're gathering and it's location.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 3.03.28 PM.png

My suggestion...place a geoimage and see what resolution works. If it displays with a geoimage it should work with the site model geoimage texture.

Hope this helps!