Activating camera is cutting a section

SDLaw

Question

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this or knows how to solve it. I placed a camera on a terrace, simply hit activate and this is what I got. The section lines class is off as well as the model limitation (called Limitation du modèle in French). Why in the world is the camera cutting a section on its own? 

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 09.07.45.png

2 answers to this question

I wonder if that might be a case of near-camera culling. If you move around in 3D, does the 'cut plane' move as well?

If so, usually the cause of this culling is some object floating really far away from the document's origin. Try going into Top/Plan, making sure all classes & layers are visible, then clicking the "Fit to Objects" button. If this zooms you really far out, then clearly there's some object which you must hunt down and delete. Repeat this until "Fit to Objects" zooms you to your actual model.

Let us know if this might be the case.

(For what it's worth, this happens in other software too, for example SketchUp does the same thing).

• Like 3