Setting Sheet Layer Viewport Layer & Class Settings

I'm plating up a drawing set and wondering if there's a more efficient way of setting layers and classes... 

The standard views are obviously easy enough to duplicate the entire SL but then I create a bunch of sections, clip cubes... and I just want my layer and class settings to stick.

I tried editing the camera view, creating a clip cube, and then navigating back to the SLVP but that didn't work.

I could manually reset layers and classes on all of the DL's but that's annoying. I could also reset them in the Organization dialog which i desperately want to be its own palette for this exact reason but that's annoying too.

Surely I'm missing something obvious to speed up my workflow... 

I wrote a script a while back to speed this process up.  It allows you to select a viewport and copy all of the class and layer visibilities and overrides to selected viewports.  It also gives you the ability to start updating the affected viewports at the same time.  I find it a little faster to use than the Eyedropper tool.  There is a bug with Layer Overrides not always copying, but otherwise I've had no problems with it.  Script is attached.

image.thumb.png.720ee0309e391fccd52f2ff6f2608a36.png

Copy Viewport Settings.vsm

• Like 3

Yeah, the process for installing plug-ins is a bit...opaque.  Even worse for updating them.  The thing that you need to do is to make sure that it's in your active workspace.  Go to Tools - Workspaces - Edit Current Workspace to open up the editor.  Click on the Menus tab, and my plug-in will be listed under the "JNC" category in the left hand list box.  Click and drag it to a menu of your choosing on the right, then close the editor.

They finally added some scripts for fine control of workspaces in 2021, but I haven't sat down to write the script to automatically do that yet.

If you have any trouble with the command, let me know.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Jesse Cogswell said:

...the process for installing plug-ins is a bit...opaque....

You are very polite.

Many (maybe most) of VW end-users will at the very least START using scripts by downloading someone else's creation.

The Help Pages should be very clear about how to download, save, and active.

I really can't believe that the first entry in the help pages isn't what you just wrote. 

Thank You!

Edited by hollister design Studio