Recalculate Worksheet Command?

If it frustrates you that all the most useful context commands are at the bottom of the list, then you can move them to the top using the Workspace Editor. Just move the Properties command to the top, then most of the context sensitive commands like recalculate will appear first.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, markdd said:

If it frustrates you that all the most useful context commands are at the bottom of the list, then you can move them to the top using the Workspace Editor. Just move the Properties command to the top, then most of the context sensitive commands like recalculate will appear first.

Good tipp, but this helps only partially to reduce frustration,

working on final prep lists for example and (double-)checking if really all items appear with correct amount at the correct place, may force you to update worksheets 50 or more times a day. As long as the update command is hidden somewhere in a menu, this will always take at least two clicks per update, which is  50 clicks too much at the end of the day.

I would love it to have a nice little update button at the upper right of the worksheet window, and/or a shortcut for updating worksheets in the drawing. 😀

Button.thumb.jpg.a66dbe12cbb3c87d4b60d9b696b3b6bb.jpg

@Pat Stanford

Has the thread from a few months ago been put to the wishlist ?

Edited by halfcoupler
  • Like 1

Now I remember that I have asked for this recently. Darn this getting old crap! @markdd, you solution of moving Properties... to the top of the contextual menu works. I too agree that some sort of update button would be helpful, but I would want it on the worksheet rather than in the worksheet edit mode. I also think an auto-update option would be nice, if you change an object in the worksheet, the worksheet auto-updates.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 8.33.13 AM.png

2 minutes ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

Here's an added benefit of moving "properties" up to the top in the contextual menu. Now my contextual commands like "Align" are at the top too. Sweet!

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.41.22 AM.png

Yes. It makes such a difference. I have no idea why they are relegated to the bottom by default.

• Like 1