Smart Markers Vectorworks 2021

Neda Roohnia

Question

Hi everyone. 

I just learned about the very cool new feature in Vectorworks 2021; the more flexible detail callout that can be linked to a particular viewport and synced automatically.

However, it seems this feature has a flaw, and that is when I move a view port to a different sheet layer, the detail callout disappears instead of getting updated based on the new sheet layer number/info. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks a lot!

3 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, Neda Roohnia said:

Hi everyone. 

I just learned about the very cool new feature in Vectorworks 2021; the more flexible detail callout that can be linked to a particular viewport and synced automatically.

However, it seems this feature has a flaw, and that is when I move a view port to a different sheet layer, the detail callout disappears instead of getting updated based on the new sheet layer number/info. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks a lot!

Are you cutting and pasting, or are you selecting the Viewport and changing which Sheet it's on via the Object Info Palette?

6 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Are you cutting and pasting, or are you selecting the Viewport and changing which Sheet it's on via the Object Info Palette?

Hi Andy, thanks a lot for your reply! Yes, I was cutting and pasting, I just realized if I change the sheet number on the object info palette, that won't happen! Now there is another issue; if I delete the viewport, the callout on the other sheet disappears! Is there a setting to keep the callout with a broken link symbol on it or something? (to show it is not linked to anything)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Neda Roohnia said:

Now there is another issue; if I delete the viewport, the callout on the other sheet disappears! Is there a setting to keep the callout with a broken link symbol on it or something? (to show it is not linked to anything)

No, and in fact this has caused some major headaches for me as well. Coincidentally I submitted a Wishlist request to improve this just a few weeks ago: VE-101594 (this code doesn't mean anything to you, don't worry). I'll add a link to this thread in the JIRA entry - I'm actually glad I'm not the only one who has came upon this issue.

I don't really even have a workaround to suggest, other than always remaining cognizant of which markers are linked to what viewports, and being aware of what happens when you delete viewports. At least now you know! (I learned the hard way upon issuing a 'final' drafting package then later realizing it was missing a ton of markers... urgh!)

• Like 2