Extrude Along Path Failed

Simplest thing in the world… no longer working. Issue seems to be related to composing a straight line with a polyline to created a new polyline (but it worked fine before this).

Quit and restarted VW. Going to try dumping caches and restarting computer next.

File attached.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 10.39.14 PM.png

My memory is bad. It worked before because I reshaped / added a straight line to the polyline. EAP doesn’t like joining or composing the two lines to create a polyline.

BTW @Pat Stanford I could hear your voice steering me away from the rocks on this one. As much as I’d like to give my client their seams every 5’ along the curved walls, I decided to let VW do what VW does best (wall styles), and take the extruded path of least resistance.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.33.37 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

EAP is one of the most infuriating tools out there. It's great when it works, but when it fails it gives you absolutely no clues as to why it's not happy. And the documentation on it is rubbish.

I'm not clear from the post above whether you solved it?

For what it's worth I find that converting the path to NURBS sometimes helps.

For some reason I do not see Mark's file, but.....in general, sometimes checking the 'direction' of the path objects can make a difference between extrude along path working or not working. Also, obviously,  make sure the item is 'closed' and what Tom W mentioned is also worth noting.

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

Can you add the seams in as wall features or decals to get the look you want?

Great suggestions! Mixed results with wall recesses… I would have to make the seams larger than I want to be visible in OpenGL (unless I really pumped up the DPI).

The blue and red arcs are the guides I created to measure 5’ along the curved wall to determine where the seams will be.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.22.50 AM.png

However, I’m more concerned with Hidden Line as that’s what will be in the drawing set. How do I hide the lines where the round walls join, so only the wall recesses show?

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.23.15 AM.png

Edited by Mark Aceto