Working Drawings

wally

Old house builder--New CAD user. My first job on VectorWorks and the deadline looms. A three floor renovation and I've got my Linked Layer model all set to go, except for those pesky Elevations.

When I choose a view of the Linked model, select all, and then under Tools> Convert Copy to Lines> click on Hidden Line Rendering: the process gives me a few more lines than I want. The result is more like a section, adjacent walls and slabs show in depth/thickness. I want to send out to the plotter, need the walls be made Solid instead of No Fill?

VW Architect 9.5 on Mac. Thanks, Wally

Thanks Chris,Lines and deleting I can handle, they're at the top of my VW skill level. I had assumed that there would be a more elegant method of creating elevations. In place of the erasure shield this Trim Tool looks pretty interesting, eh?

Yours,

Wally

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,To minimize the unwanted lines, before you convert copy to lines, it is best when you Render your elevation first(quick or solid rendering will do), change window glazing,e.g. #3. Unless you do this you're in "wireframe" that's why it will pick up every lines even the rear wall.

Cheers.Bobby Aranas cool.gif" border="0