Changing fonts in the reference marker

Mike, The first time I tried this, I thought I duplicated your problem. However I had noticed that when I had set my default font I still had an object selected.

Make sure you have no objects selected, then go to Text>Font and select the Palatino font with the 2d selection tool as the current tool. Then select the Resource Marker tool and it should appear with your current selected font as long as that is what is listed in the preferneces.

If you have a series of Resource Markers and want to change them to the current font which is differnet than the font it was originally created with, you will have to select the markers, then go to the OIP change the Text font to something else and then change it back to Current Font and that should update the markers with the current font.

[ 03-13-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

If you wish to change the font permenantly, go to the Organize menu and select create plug-in. From the list select "reference marker" and click edit. Then click on parameters and select Font1 ID and then edit. You will be able to enter any font you wish in the list and make it the default if you desire. I've changed all mine to Tecton Bold because I like the look.

good luck,

I think this is the same problem we've been having. VW tech folks don't seem to want to deal with it. You choose a font (and yes, there aren't any objects selected, and yes, you use the 2D selector) and what you pick from the list of fonts isn't the one that appears. Further, the leader for the reference marker command prints, but the text doesn't, even though you can see it on the screen. (Actually, it's the Callout Tool we've had trouble with.)

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: ErichR ]

Erich,

You are having a different problem than the first two inquiries.

What OS are you on?

What type of font are you trying to use?

What type of printer are you using?

Using Win98, VWA 9.5.0, fonts used are arial and times new roman, (although the font window has tiepolo book checked). Some, if not most, of the text in a file prints, some doesn't. It can be typed into a command, like Callout Tool, or placed directly as text on the drawing. Class and layer are visible.

Found that there are no problems when printing to an HP 1050C plotter, but there are problems when using an HP 4V LaserJet printer. We've got the latest HP printer driver.

Erich, Did you have this problem with the fonts selecting the wrong one in previous versions of VW ? (VW 9.0.1, or VW 8 if you had that)

Is the 4v set as the default printer?

Gto Print Set up from VW and select the 4v, then go to File.Print, click on the Properties button.Click on hte Print Quality Tab Under Graphics Mode, do you have Auto, HP GL2 or Raster selected? Under Text mode do you have Auto, True Type as Bitmap, or True Type as Graphic selected?

Did you install printer fonts? If you did, when you click the restore fonts button, does the font problem resolve itself?

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

Erich, When you go to File>Print, select "Enable Special Processing for trasnparent Color Bitmaps" and see if that resolves the problem.

You should have a graphics tab when you click on the Properties button from the print dialog box. Are you using the HP 4v/mv driver or the HP 4v/mv Post script point and bundle driver?Do you happen to know what version you have?You are using Windows 98 correct?

I downloaded the driver from here http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=lj4v&l=en&c=MicrosoftWindows98and selected the PCL 5e driver.

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

We've done everything, including downloading the PCL HP driver. That driver, when used with VW, by the way, causes one of our Windows 98 machines to crash. It did work on another machine, on one of our drawings (setting were identical), but not on another one of them. We're concluding this is a VW problem.