Dimension Precision

Is there a way to script changing all the precision values in a drawing to something. I have drawings that are all done in mm and sometime the team will use 1/4" as the precision (secondary) and sometimes 1/8" . I would like to force everything to 1/16"

I can set the criteria for finding all dimensions, I'm just not sure what the field value would be.

Thanks

The easiest way is Custom Modification under the Tools menu.

For the criteria choose Type is Dimension and click OK.  From the dialog box that opens, scroll down and set the Dim Precision to what you want. If you need to change the secondary precision, click the radio button for secondary. If the dialog box goes blank, just hit the button with the three dots at the top to bring everything back.

image.thumb.png.9225e31fff326a606483e029950b6131.png

Thanks,

I didn't know the three dot trick.

While this works, I am hoping to incorporate this is into a script that will enforce the precision standard and add to an existing script that update worksheets, custom PIO's, etc.

Is there a way to get the field name of the parameter I am looking to change. 

You can't do it with a record.field combination because Dimensions are low level objects and don't operate the way normal user created PIOs do.

You can do it in a script using SetObjectVariableLongInt.  Check out the Vectorscript Appendix for information on the Variable numbers. It looks like it is 20 for Primary dimensions and 21 for Secondary Dim Precision.

image.thumb.png.3a38b126ce9d5f89cbc7323c690cb195.png