Slab Visualization/Stakes settings

Ylenia

Hi everyone,

I have two questions, the first one is regarding the stakes.

So far I understood that I can set stakes so that they show the height of the existing or proposed model. I was wondering if there was a way to set them so that they also show the heights of objects. E.G. I have a building with a roof terrace, I draw the building in 3D with the given tool, can I put a stake so that it automatically shows the height of the terrace when placed on it? Is there another tool that is not a stake doing that?

Mz second question is regarding the Hardscape tool, so far I have been using thexture beds as surfaces for my models and in plan they look totally fine both in 2d and 3d, But with them I always have to draw sections separetly, now I am trying to set my works in a way that I only draw slabs with a pre created style so that I can work more with automatic sections. 

Problem is sometimes they don't show on the model but they look like they are a couple mm under it. I guess is because they are at the exact same height of the terrain and the program chooses to show the terrain (?) (I have the slabs on a separate layer that is on top of the model layer)

I try to make an example here:

I have a model with a pad modifier setting a slope from 1m to 0,

on top of this I draw a 50cm thick slab (composed by 3 different layers) sloping also from 1 to 0, in the properties I set the "Datum" to take into account the upper surface of the first layer of my slab, cause I want that to be at level with the terrain. 

Is there a way to avoid this or my only option is to set the "datum" to the lower part of my slab top layer? Or even worse to set my slab 1cm higher then the terrain?

I attach a screenshot, hoping that it will make my words more clear

thank you a lot!

Unbenannt.JPG

@Ylenia Looks like you almost have what you need.

Regarding stakes - A stake can be configured to report the elevation of the point in 3d where it is placed without affecting the site model.  Using snap points or Automatic Plane,  a stake can be placed at any point in the drawing (eg a corner or center of your roof terrace).  The stake can display as a 3d extrude for 3d views. Unfortunately the stake label only shows in TopPlan. One could create a text linked to elevation record for the stake.  But, instead of a stake, you could create a pyramid, cube or other 3d object with text on each face linked to an elevation record or data tag. The text updates when the object is moved.  This object can be classed for visibility preferences.

Regarding slabs - Looks like your pad did not modify the terrain. Verify that the Pad is assigned to Proposed model, that the terrain is updated. You might also try the Pad with retaining edge (creates a Grade Limits so the pad "cuts" vertically through the terrain)  This should "cut" the terrain to reveal your slab.  Or, instead of Pad/Slab combo use the Hardscape Slab Modifier option. This type of slab has a built in Pad modifier.

OK  Post back as needed.

-B

Stake Settings.jpg

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Like 2