Nomad max ability reached?

Hi,

I'm trying to view a seating plan on a venue. It's around 1600 chairs placed on a plain surface. 

File size is around 1MB in total and Nomad just can't handle the AR. Just freezes and crashes. 

I'm using an iPad Gen 7 2020, so it shouldn't be a problem, right? 

Please let me know how I can view my different seating plans in AG using Nomad (or any other software).

Thanks all! 😃

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @MartinBlomberg,

A file size of 1MB can contain way more polygons than what the Nomad's AR viewer can currently handle. We have this article that provides some tips on how to try to work around this limitation. https://cloud.vectorworks.net/portal/help/faq/troubleshooting/#how-can-i-optimize-my-model-for-viewing-in-ar. We are currently in process of researching and developing an optimized 3D model viewer that should be able to handle much larger models. 

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

13 hours ago, Dave Donley said:

@MartinBlomberg Hello Martin can you share the VWX file with me?  Since there are many copies of the chair, reducing geometry in the chair will have the greatest impact, as well as number of repeats.

FULL ARENA - Only floor chairs.vwx

Thank you Dave for getting back! I've attached the file here. Even though there's a lot of chairs I really thought this wouldn't be a problem these days. I've used the lowest export quality available and used only VW standard models, a simpler chair. Thanks!