Arsalan

Arsalan

Question

Hi Everyone!
I am working on a file but I cannot get any 3D views of it. It's only sheets of 2D drawings. I am wondering if the 3D views have been deleted by someone else very carefully and only the 2D drawings are left, or is it me simply being a noob? How can I find that out?

2 answers to this question

The 3D Model is normally drawn on Design Layers and then Sheet Layers. If you have an Autocad background, think Model Space and Paper Space only more powerful.

If you are only looking at sheet layers it is very possible that someone set them up as 2D only. Go to the Design Layer tab of Navigation Palette and select a layer. Then Select All, go to the View Menu:Zoom:Fit to Objects and you should see all of the objects in your drawing. You can then change the view as necessary. Once you have a view you like, you can go to the View menu:Create Viewport and you can put that view on a Sheet Layer (or on a different Design Layer, but that is a discussion for a different day).