Wire Tag Bug

teedd

Hello

Using VectorWorks 2021 SP2 on Windows 10. I have a strange bug that some times crops up after a period of working on a design. When the issue occurs when I connect a wire between two objects on the same design layer, they don't get recognized as being on the same layer and instead a wire tag is shown as if the second object is on another layer.  Attached screenshots demonstrates the issue, trying to draw a wire between the IP Audio Transceiver device and the AV Data - Projector - WP results in a wire tag being added to the starting object but interestingly nothing on the second object. Any time this happens if I close down the vectorworks and re-open the file behavior returns as expected.

I've also attached this file so you can see for yourself. the LAN port of the IP Audio Transcoder was drawn to LAN_1 of 7676767 (I renamed the object to ensure it was unique). This resulted in a wire tag being created with no label. However when I created a wire tag between Mic/Line 1 to LAN_2 on the 7676767 object it worked fine. Its like it gets corrupt but closing it down and re opening resolves it.

Kind Regards

Daniel 

MicrosoftTeams-image.thumb.png.fceff1c9db6c1095e35d675ae5b566fe.png

image.png

CCC_CIVIC_AB v2.3 FAULT.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @teedd,

I am not able to reproduce your issue. It is really strange what is happening, because restarting VW should not affect the way we detect sockets/devices. It would be of much help if you can find certain steps that reproduce this issue always, so that we can see what is causing it.

In the meantime, can you check where will it get you if you click on Navigate to Other End of Circuit button in the circuit OIP?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1