Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette beginner: Trying to create parametric extruded object

Kennedyme

I am trying to create parametric extruded object. The tutorials I found are way to primative to be useful. I need to be able to take a simple 2d profile (think moulding) and extrude it base on the particular need. I work at a museum and we have simple metal rails of different lengths, but all the same profile.  I link text and records in order to create a schedule of our inventory. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.06.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.06.43 PM.png

@Kennedyme @Marissa Farrell

20 hours ago, Kennedyme said:

I am trying to create parametric extruded object. The tutorials I found are way to primative to be useful. I need to be able to take a simple 2d profile (think moulding) and extrude it base on the particular need. I work at a museum and we have simple metal rails of different lengths, but all the same profile.  I link text and records in order to create a schedule of our inventory. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kennedyme said:

@Marissa FarrellIs this Helpful?

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, Kennedyme said:

@Marissa FarrellIs this Helpful?

On 2/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kennedyme said:

@Kennedyme @Marissa Farrell

On 2/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kennedyme said:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/profile/16986-marissa-farrell/

Hi Melissa,

I was wondering if it is possible to do what I describe above in Marionette.

Mark