VW2021 crashes

MikeA

Question

I'm a minimal user of Vectorworks. But I (usually) love it.

However, it crashes on me with somewhat regularity. Today, I went to open a very basic drawing that includes 3D elements. I opened VW. Double clicked the file in a folder I want to open.

Once opened, I clicked on the #1 to get an iso view then selected Open GL and it instantly crashed. I reopened the program and tried again...again crashed. It doesn't freeze up. It simply, and quickly, just closes the program.

On the 3rd time, I opened the program. Selected the same file from the File>Open menu this time. It opened and I selected #1 and then Open GL. And it worked!

However, now I turned off Open GL and used the number keypad to look at different views. I selected #1, then #2, then #7...and before it changed view to #7 I get the spinning wheel of death. The program is now frozen.

I've experienced the same, or similar, crashing issues with VW2020.

I'm running Big Sur version 11.2.1 on an iMac, 2017 model.

I'm a novice, so please let me know what other information you need to help me solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

I have a similar setup and (2020 MacBook Pro, Big Sur) and I rarely have crashes.

The first thing I would try is to switch to a different user account on your Mac (if you don't have one you can create a new user in System Preferences:Users & Groups) and run VW from there and try to open the file.

If it works, then it is possible that your VW preferences or user folder are corrupted.

If it does not work, then it is likely that the VW file is corrupted.

If it is the user folder come back and we can help you to reset it to try and help on your original account.

I have Vectorworks 2021 SP2.1 and InteriorCADxs XG Resources 2021 F2. I have a MacPro running OS 11.2.2 with 48 GB RAM, a 16-core Xeon W, and an AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB. It's not Vectorworks - I can run that flawlessly with no cabinets. But InteriorCAD continues to crash the system. Always asking to Repair Object Connections - taking 15-20 minutes to open a document. Over and over. Frustrating. I like the systems, but cannot get the bugs and crashing to stop.

Anyone have any ideas on where to look for help?

Edited by bluewater2222
17 hours ago, bluewater2222 said:

Crash. Crash. Crash.

I have Vectorworks 2021 SP2.1 and InteriorCADxs XG Resources 2021 F2. I have a MacPro running OS 11.2.2 with 48 GB RAM, a 16-core Xeon W, and an AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB. It's not Vectorworks - I can run that flawlessly with no cabinets. But InteriorCAD continues to crash the system. Always asking to Repair Object Connections - taking 15-20 minutes to open a document. Over and over. Frustrating. I like the systems, but cannot get the bugs and crashing to stop.

Anyone have any ideas on where to look for help?

First, please double-check to have installed the latest interiocad 2021 version.

If the symptoms persist, please contact the interiocad support. ("Repair Object Connections" is interiorcad, not VW)