Plug In insertion points (3D Loci)

Hamo

Question

I would like to add a class of 'NonPlot' to Plug In insertion points (3D Locus).

I'm aware they don't print, that's not the problem. However, when I'm using a lot of plug in's from the the 'Fastners' or other tools pallets, they start to clutter up the drawing and I would like to turn them off.

Anyone know how this can be done now?

H

10 answers to this question

Hi Markdd. 
Thank you. 
unfortunately, the 3D loci are fully embedded in the plug in without a separate class allocation. Something that needs to be fixed at source please VWX
Plug in’s now cannot be edited at the working drawing insertion level, but rather need to be found in the application files (if you can find them that is) and then ‘drilled’ down still further to edit one simple symbol. 
Whenever I create a plug in from scratch I ensure that the insertion points are classed as ‘NonPlot’ to avoid the visual cluttering that can happen, particularly when drawing detailed machine drawings with lots of nuts, bolts, washers etc. 

Another little nugget for the VWX wishlist pile. 

H

This is what i'm referring to Pat.

If I have 20 screws in a detail the 3D loci zoom up as I zoom out.

Now, if I can get to the original symbol of the plug-in object then I can edit it and change the class to 'NonPlot'

1842549353_ScreenShot2021-03-01at14_27_57.thumb.png.c00604132957fc00e853feda21f7ab3f.png

Hi Pat. 
ive been using VWX since it was Minicad back in the 90’s. I’m not sure why you would suggest I should check out the demo version. Can you enlighten me please as I may be missing something?

not sure why you can’t see the 3D loci insertion points. They are definitely there. You must have something turned off in your prefs. Love to find out what it is. 

As an excercise (please humour me). Drop an M10 metric 3D hex bolt from the ‘Fasteners’ tool box into a drawing. 
In wireframe, zoom in on the head of the bolt and see if you can see the 3D insertion point loci. 

H

Hi Pat.

Think I've found the answer.

Using individual components, we get loci.

Using the Screw & Nut assembly, we don't get loci.

1440405435_ScreenShot2021-03-02at12_38_18.thumb.png.daffc5036029ba33d7c0cf7cbd1b7253.png

634507213_ScreenShot2021-03-02at12_48_02.thumb.png.fd62977b5b4fd6e0658a261902a0aa0b.png

Now I just have to replace everything.

Thank's for pointing out about 2019 - I'll update the profile

H

Thank you Pat.

That was going to be my next port of call.

Just discovered something else about the Nut & Screw assembly.  Change the fill colour of the bolts and it changes the the colour of the whole assembly. 

Another path to travel down.

Oh well.

H