Reflected Ceiling Plan

bonose

I?m having problems with the reflected ceiling plan: when doors and windows are classed as ?doors? and ?windows?, they remain the same in both the floor plan and reflected ceiling plan. When they?re classed as ?sill?, there?s a complete void in the wall on the reflected ceiling plan. I cannot achieve the extended wall over the shaded open door/window as shown in the manual.

I?m on a Mac, using VW Architect 9.01, and prepared the project setup with VW Setup Assistant.

Robert, thanks for the info - this sounds a lot easier than adding (a myriad of)walls to my (myriad of) symbols.

The proble now is, when I try to "run" the 'Show_ceiling_view.vsm' program from the Resources pallate, I get a script error message:

Line #1: MCVSMShow Ceiling View6|???? ?? | { Error: Identifier not declared. }

| { Error: This does not look like a VectorScript program. }

| { Error: End of file in middle of program. }Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is a VSM (i.e. a menu command plug-in), not a "raw" vectorscript, which you run from the Resources palette. Drop the .vsm file into your Plug-ins folder, then use the Workspace editor to add it to your current workspace. Then use it as a menu command. No need to add it to your document, because now you can access it from VW.

Hmm...I was trying to pass the file along to my structural engineer. He, of course, doesn't want to see anything in the opening. It would be great if the frame and glazing could be turned off and only the opening showed, like a true reflected ceiling plan. In the past I've done this with a masking symbol, but it seems pretty clunky. The PIO's have so much more elegance.