Lost AEC Buttons

lsk

I am told that additional plug ins are in the object browser. I am looking particularly for furniture and bathroom fixtures. I have 14 buttons on my object browser including windows, doors, columns, cabinets, cubicles etc. None of the buttons or their associated popups show anything related to bathrooms or beds. Am I missing some object libraries for some reason?

Hi it sounds like you are looking at the objects pallete not the object browser / open pallets menue and click on object browser to open the browser/ then in the browser window click add and select the folder that contains your object libraries , and then select the librarie you want and click /the symbols should apear in the object browser window hope this helps Mike

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: mike46 ]

Thanks again to all, but now I am getting really puzzled. I was going through the pull down menue under pallettes to object browser, but there is no such thing as "object library" in there. I tried it through the resources, and again I get nothing call object library. I get five file folders: standards, templates, toolkit, VW help and workspaces. Under VW there is a list of about 40 htm's but nothin called (even remotely) object library - doesn't seem to be anything in any of the other folders either.

Thanks again for your help!

You must be in VW 8 -

If you open the Toolkits folder, you will see a list of other folders. Inside each of these folders are the associated symbol library files in which you can select symbols to import into your drawing.

You can also get to the symbol library thru the resources palette. From the drop down box migrate to the VW folder, then open the folder called Object Library. This is a library of all symbols installed. You can then select a symbol and insert it in the drawing.

The bonus to using the Object Browser is that you get a visual of what the symbol looks like. You use the Obj Browser pretty much the same way you would insert a symbol with the Rsources palette.