Using Worksheets to Count Stanchions

GlueDT92

Question

I have multiple stanchion objects in a drawing & am trying to easily count the total number of stanchions required using a worksheet, but I cant seem to get the total to sum. Ideally my current 38 line database row would be summarized as a single sum total number, but when I use the sum values & summarize items check boxes it just returns me a -- instead of a number.

Stanchion Test.vwx

3 answers to this question

It looks like the Stanchions field is stored as text rather than as a number.

Try changing your column B formula to =VALUE('Rope and Stanchion'.'TTLStanchions')

If you then set column A to =OBJECTTYPENAME and SUMmarize on Column A, you can then Sum Values on Column B to get a single subrow showing a total of 571 stanchions.

You will need to do the same for ropes, belts and chains. All are stored at text.

• Like 2

1. 20 years of fighting VW on data stored as text.

2. I tried the Value() thing and it worked.

3. What I should have done in the first place was run my handy dandy script that shows you the data type of each field of a PIO parameter record. You probably should skim the entire thread to make sure you get the latest version of the script and the notes on how to use it.  Place a single instance of the PIO directly on a design layer and run the script. It will generate a worksheet showing all of the parameter fields of the PIO.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1