associative hatch to a class

urimevs

Scripting is something I can't help with. Try posting this in the VectorScript section of the message board. You can also submit VS inquiries to vs_support@nemetschek.net.

There is also a VectorScript mailing list you can post and receive messages on. Subsciption information in regards to that can be found on the Support link from the Nemetschek main page.

Go to the classes dialog box (Organize>Classes...) and select the class you wish to apply the Associated hatch to. Click on the Edit button. This will bring up an edit class dialog box. If you wish the hatch to be used at creation, check mark the appropriate box.

THen from the Fill drop down box select Hatch. From the Hatches drop down box right below that, select the hatch you wish to use. Please note the hatch has to exist in the drawings' resources for it to show in the list. If the hatch is not listed in the drawings' resource list, simply import it from it's location for use in the current drawing.

When you have edited all parameters of the class click on the OK button. This will save the class information. You can now exit the classes dialog box. From this point forward, the objects that are created in that class will have the associative hatch available thru the class fill option in the attributes palette or, if you selected it to be used at creation, the hatch will be applied to all objects created in that class.

Thanks Katie

I did not express myself correctly. I would like to assign the associative hatch to a class via a script.i found a way to do this via saving a strip-down version of the document (deleting everything but the hatches) as vectorscript.The process is cumbersome and only works for one document at a time.Maybe you can help with a better solution?

Thanksurimevs