Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Yes/No Dialog not working

Hello VW-Community,

I recently started working with Marionette a few weeks back. I have a bit of experience with Dynamo + Revit and so far, Marionette was quite easy to understand.

Now I can't seem to get the hang of the Valve node.

I created a simple Kitchen Cabinet with Countertop etc. and would like to use a Yes/No Dialog to show (or no show) the cabinet door. If I out the node where I think it belongs, the Dialog simply switches the texture on/off. But honestly, I expected the node to work to the left (not the right, as is seems).

Can somebody please solve my Marionette Mystery?!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Caren

P.S. File is attached, Input Parameters are named in German, but I grouped them visually and named them in Englisch.

210212_CT_Test_Marionette_Cabinet 3D.jpg

210212_CT_Test_Marionette_Cabinet 3D.vwx

Hallo Jenna T.

wenn die Tür nicht erstellt werden soll müsste die <Valve Node> vor die <Box Node>.

Ich habe mir angewöhnt  jede "Linie" des "Marionette Netzwerks" mit der ValveNode zu sperren.  

Ob's es immer nötig weiss ich nicht.

Gruß M. Graf

Google-translate 🙂

Hello Jenna T.
if the door is not to be created, the valve node would have to be in front of the box node.
I've got used to blocking every "line" of the "marionette network" with the ValveNode.
I don't know if it's always necessary.
Greetings M. Graf

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-19 um 10.01.46.png

Hello M.graf,

[Deutsch]

Danke für den Input! Auf die Idee bin ich zwar selbst nicht gekommen. Schade, dass es bisher keine "saubere" Lösung hierfür gibt.

Bis dahin funktioniert diese Lösung auf jeden Fall.

Update:

Leider blockiert er mir jetzt danach sämtlichen weitern Input. In diesem Fall die Textur. Allerdings habe ich als letztes die Texturen der Objekte zusammengefasst. (weniger mögl. Variablen) Dafür ist der ganze Schrank jetzt ohne Textur.

[English]

Thank you for the input! I didn't come up with the idea myself. It is a pity that there is no "clean" solution to this.

Until then, this solution will definitely work.

Unfortunately, he now blocks all further input from me. In this case, the texture. However, the last thing I did was summarize the textures of the objects. (less possible. Variables) For this, the whole cabinet is now without texture.

Greetings Caren Jenna

P.S. New File attached.

210212_CT_Test_Marionette_Cabinet 3D.jpg

210212_CT_Test_Marionette_Cabinet 3D.vwx

Edited by Caren Jenna T.