callout misbehavior

suzannah

Question

Running Vectorworks 2020 on iMac 10.15.5

When I try to change the line weight on a call out leader, the text changes when I change the line weight.  I am not using the database, just typing in each note.  I had been typing out notes, in viewport annotations, selecting all and putting them into the notes category for a few hours on monday, working fine.  At some point I tried to do this process and the change in class resulted in all the different callouts changing to the same note along with applying the class preferences.  Callouts were otherwise in "none" class.  Undid and tried to just change one leader line weight, which also resulted in the text changing.  The text that is reverted to is the text that appears in the dialog box, when I try to create a new callout.  Oddly, not the most recent text I inserted.  Quit and restarted the application, relaunched, no change.  Upgraded to 2021, migrated the document, no change.  Opened back-up from 6:15 in 2020 problem didn't exist.  Opened back-up from 6:25 in 2020, same thing happens in the same viewport, others don't seem to be effected.  I also deleted that viewport in my main document and started a new one, same issue persisted.

Another related oddity; the annotations window was behaving strangely.  When I double clicked on any viewport and went into annotations, the viewport remained highlighted and I couldn't select all callouts.  I could only select one and it wouldn't highlight or allow me to select the same a second time.  I resolved this by closing the floating view plane, which had been open all session.  That done, I could select all, but the above callout issue persisted in the bad viewport.  I recreated the process with a new viewport and new notes, with the floating pane closed and so far (30 mins) the odd behavior has not returned.  Unfortunately loosing the floating window is not ideal.

any fixes?

Suzannah

2 answers to this question

On 2/18/2021 at 2:46 AM, suzannah said:

Running Vectorworks 2020 on iMac 10.15.5

When I try to change the line weight on a call out leader, the text changes when I change the line weight.  I am not using the database, just typing in each note.  I had been typing out notes, in viewport annotations, selecting all and putting them into the notes category for a few hours on monday, working fine.  At some point I tried to do this process and the change in class resulted in all the different callouts changing to the same note along with applying the class preferences.  Callouts were otherwise in "none" class.  Undid and tried to just change one leader line weight, which also resulted in the text changing.  The text that is reverted to is the text that appears in the dialog box, when I try to create a new callout.  Oddly, not the most recent text I inserted.  Quit and restarted the application, relaunched, no change.  Upgraded to 2021, migrated the document, no change.  Opened back-up from 6:15 in 2020 problem didn't exist.  Opened back-up from 6:25 in 2020, same thing happens in the same viewport, others don't seem to be effected.  I also deleted that viewport in my main document and started a new one, same issue persisted.

Another related oddity; the annotations window was behaving strangely.  When I double clicked on any viewport and went into annotations, the viewport remained highlighted and I couldn't select all callouts.  I could only select one and it wouldn't highlight or allow me to select the same a second time.  I resolved this by closing the floating view plane, which had been open all session.  That done, I could select all, but the above callout issue persisted in the bad viewport.  I recreated the process with a new viewport and new notes, with the floating pane closed and so far (30 mins) the odd behavior has not returned.  Unfortunately loosing the floating window is not ideal.

any fixes?

Suzannah

Suzannah - i have exactly the same issue that you describe with all callouts that I attempt to edit in a particular viewport, keep changing to the same note. This is a massive problem and I don't seem to be able to fix it... I even deleted all my notes data base.  I am using VW 2016 on a Mac desktop, running OS El Capitan.  Have you found any solution?

Hi Pmcd,

I have not found a solution.  I ended up recreating the offending viewport and closing the floating view window.  I was able to keep working without the problem recurring.  Since you have the same problem in the earlier version, obviously this is something that requires a bigger fix.