Graphics glitch: turning on layer clips view

EvelyneB

Question

9 answers to this question

@zoomer,

It is a perspective view, and the clip cube is not activated (at least not intentionally!). I have no idea what those thin vertical lines are - they appear in all of my perspective views, with & without the camera being activated.

@michaelk

Is the origin the blue circle in the top/plan view (image attached)? If so, then the building is quite close. That being said, when I zoom to the extents of the drawing, it zooms way out like there's a mysterious an unseen something-or-other far to the left side. I can't seem to select it to figure out what it is or how to move it though...

I checked and the floor and roof plans are both at the same scale.

Thank you both for your help!

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.00.53 PM.png

9 hours ago, EvelyneB said:

Is the origin the blue circle in the top/plan view (image attached)? If so, then the building is quite close.

9 hours ago, michaelk said:

beware of drawings that far from the origin

I haven't seen the file because I'm on 2020 but going on the screenshot @EvelyneB has the Internal Origin (the blue cross hairs) correctly located in relation to the geometry.

I don't think the distance of the User Origin (the 0,0 point for the file: where the xyz axes are) from the drawing is an issue is it?

In my files, based on the coordinate system I use, I'm typically 400 miles away from the User Origin so I guess 3000 miles is quite a long way - but does that matter in terms of how the file behaves?

Or maybe it was the distance of the 'mysterious an unseen something-or-other' from the Internal Origin that was the issue rather than the less mysterious geometry in the screen shot.