Slow Tag performance on elevations

Hi everyone, recently did an upgrade to my workstation.

Ryzen 3950x @ 4.3 ghz (overclocked), 128 gb ram @ 3600 mhz (timing 16), Nvidia rtx 3070

Overall the performance boost for program performance is great, however, when tagging objects in elevation on complex bim models - it still slows down a great deal. Not much a performance boost, and it unfortunately is quite irritating waiting 10 seconds to tag a single object. Tagging all objects ends up tagging every object with the same record @ different orientations and elements beyond the facade, etc...

My question - has anyone figured out a way to speed up the process of tagging objects in elevations/sections without massive speed bumbs? As it seems, hardware did very little to improve this performance. Perhaps my settings are off? or workflow is different?

**Update - This is mostly occurring on curtainwalls and wall tags on elevations. Windows and doors are attached fairly quickly. Perhaps the amount of similar type objects slows it down?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Samuel Derenboim
  • Like 1