Current Layer Cable Report

hihosilvey

Hello All,

I've been delving into really getting reports to work for me on our line drawing sets.  I have a question as it pertains to the Current Layer Cable Report

This works great for cables that stay on the same layer.  But how would I go about making a report that would track the cables leaving one layer to go to another, like arrow connection cables tend to do? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @hihosilvey

Sorry if this sounds a bit facetious, but... what about using All Layers Cable Report?

There's nothing special about ConnectCAD Cable report commands. They do exactly the same thing as the Create Report command but with only one click.

Just to get a better understanding of layer-to-layer connections. The convention we use is that the layer of the source end of a circuit is the Circuit's layer. That way we don't get duplicate entries in an all layer report. You can see this in the Object Info Palette if you select the destination end of an arrow circuit coming from another layer.

Hope I've been able to clear that up and do reach out if you need any help.

Conrad

Thanks for the clarification.  I do use the All layer cable report.  I was just trying to easily parse out info that specifically pertained to connections outputting from the selected layer. 

After reading and understanding how CC build circuits, maybe I can build a report base on the devices who's layer is the one I looking for and go from there...

Thanks!