Viewports from clip cube with more than one face 'clipped'

Dcrb

Hello,

I have created a viewport of a sectional 3D view whilst using a clip cube by right clicking on one of the clip cube faces/planes and selecting 'create viewport'.  However, this creates a viewport with only the one section cut through on the plane/face I selected by right clicking.  I would like ideally to create a viewport where 2 or 3 of the planes/faces of the clip cube are acting as a cut through (ie. exactly the same view that I am able to create in the design layer by moving the clip cube on multiple faces at once).  Is it possible to do this?

Yes when you right-click on the face of the Clip Cube you're creating a Section Viewport.

But if you want a viewport of the Clip Cube itself just arrange it the way you want it then select 'Create Viewport' from the View menu + make sure that 'Display With Clip Cube' is enabled in the settings.

Once you've created the viewport, if you decide you need to adjust the clip cube, right-click + choose 'Edit Design Layer'. The clip cube used to create the viewport will stay with that VP once removed from the design layer so can be returned to at any time + edited.

If you need to change the rotation, right-click + choose 'Edit Crop' + use flyover tool to change the orientation of the clip cube

• Like 3

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not sure where to enable 'Display With Clip Cube'?  I select 'create viewport' from 'View', which takes me to the 'create viewport' window.  The only settings option I can see here is 'render settings'.  If I select 'ok' from here, then the viewport is created without the clip cube. 

2110730224_Screenshot2021-02-15at15_42_25.thumb.png.d3cc83a2b15132b850be54a40f644b7c.png

Edited by Dcrb
  • 4 weeks later...