Kevin C

Cloud Services and OneDrive Integration

Question

Is there any reason why Vectorworks Cloud Services only allows integration with Google Drive and Dropbox? More and more users are utilising many other online sharing platforms (specifically in the current working from home situation) such as Microsoft OneDrive and Box as well as a myriad of others.

Does VW have an arrangement with Google and Dropbox, or is it just another one of those things that no-one has thought might be useful to the users?

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

On 2/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, Kevin C said:

Does VW have an arrangement with Google and Dropbox, or is it just another one of those things that no-one has thought might be useful to the users?

It's neither. It's definitely on their radar. I believe they've implemented each service based on interest. Dropbox and Google were simply the most requested early on.

A good way to put your vote in for your preferred service is to contact the team directly via the little settings button on the top of the Nomad app, then tapping "Feedback."

Edited by Christiaan

I think what has happened during the pandemic is that businesses (mine anyway) have started to look realistically at multiple backup  and redundancy solutions.  The simple fact of a computer breaking down and being able to re-configure remotely or dealing with a server / internet disconnect is getting more and more complicated and unfortunately happening more often.

A great number of businesses are using Microsoft exchange and Office 365 for their email and 'Teams' communication and it's just that you get a very competent online storage and file sharing facility as part of the basic package.

My practice operates 100% Mac and we use OneDrive - seamlessly, It was just a thought.