Small Sites Grading

Landartma

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey @Landartma --

If all you really need for this project is to show significant spot elevations & slopes, I would suggest using the stake object for individual spot elevations and the grade tool for slopes. Just make sure you are using the appropriate settings.

The Stake Object (spot elevation) has a mode for "Use as 2D/3D graphic only" then you can input the height in the "Z" Elevation.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 2.17.38 PM.png

The Grade Tool has a mode for "Use Grade Object Heights".

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 2.18.23 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Tony

• Like 2

Thanks Tony!  I was trying the stake tool and could not get it to work.  I must have had the workflow wrong.  I was placing spots where I wanted them then went back and tried to edit the grade in the OIP but it didn't work.  So I started over.  In 2021 (maybe earlier versions too) all you need to do is activate the tool type in the elevation on the tool bar right next to the wrench and pencil and place it on the plan then enter the next and place place it and so on.  Is that the most effective way to do it?  Not sure how I missed that one when working with it originally but I messed with it watched a bunch of videos and finally dawn broke.  I see a couple errors I made with my elecations.  Can those grades be edited in the OIP to change the grade and update the site model.  I want to change the highlighted grade to from 99 to 100.  Whats the path?1833914038_Screenshot(47).thumb.png.2828bbc5f8553aaf4813381f5aa6620a.png