Polyline with curves, when split tool used to cut, adds a million corner vertices every other point

VWX USER 1

Question

So I draw a polyline using a combination of bezier curves and corners. Later, I use the split tool to chop off a piece of that shape. Next time I go to edit a bezier curve of that polyline I find that between every curved vertex is now a new corner vertex, making it so I can't edit the shape without having unwanted corners EVERYWHERE, or having to go vertex by vertex and delete the random corners that were added. It takes FOREVER, and is the only way to resolve the issue and get my shape back into a functional state when this happens. Otherwise every time I try to change a curve I get unwanted corners on either side (instead of the expected behavior of the surrounding curves adjusting along with the curved vertex being moved).

This seems like a bug and has been an Issue that I've silently just lived with for years now, but sucks up a ton of time and It's driving me up the wall.

I'm on MacOS Big Sur, VWX 2021, but have had this issue as far as I can remember.

Vectorworks, please do something! It's like shouting into a black box...

polyline with curves gains millions of unwanted corners.vwx

2 answers to this question